Sunday, June 15, 2014

One Month

Dear friends,

I'm happy to share some exciting news - I have been officially accepted for Postulancy! That's the next step in formation, and would mean actually entering the Carmelite Sisters community. It's a really big step, and one I feel ready to take (If you're interested in the different stages of formation, you can read about them here).

However, my entrance is conditional -  I must be completely debt free by July 16th - the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

That's one month away.

I still need $14,000 to pay off the rest of my student loans, and $6,000 to cover the cost of health insurance during the 3 year novitiate. So, $20,000 dollars total.

Will you help me? Please consider a donation - even a small donation of $20 would help me towards my goal.

I trust God completely that if it is His will, I will find the money that I need to move forward.

I have more exciting news - my conversion story is going to be featured by the Coming Home Network in their July newsletter, and online. They are a wonderful organization behind "The Journey Home" on EWTN, featuring stories of people who have converted to Catholicism. I'll post a link to the story once it's been posted. I'm really excited to be able to share my story of conversion.  

God bless you all, I keep you always in prayer. Please let me know if you have any special intentions that I can be praying for.

With much gratitude,
Leah

1 comment:

  1. Hello Leah.

    Just read your story at Coming Home Network. From one convert to another, welcome home!

    You have probably heard about the Labouré Society which helps people like yourself resolve student debt. But, in case you haven't:

    http://labouresociety.org/

    In Christ,
    Wendell

    ReplyDelete